Sunday, January 3, 2021

Where has the Time Gone?

 

I don't really know why I have been away from this blog for so long, but I missed it and all of you very much, so I am back! 


I really enjoy writing and posting here, keeping in touch with friends, and sharing my projects and ideas. I think I just took the most prolonged summer vacation ever. Grin. One issue was my intention to put a lot of my cottage pictures and info onto my lake blog, and then I wound up avoiding social media and was writing very little anywhere. I will probably just post everything to this one blog in the future. 

I want to keep sharing ideas that are useful for recreation professionals, Girl Guides, families, homeschoolers and many kinds of volunteers. I will keep using blog labels to make it easier for people to find topics they are interested in. I only share activities that I personally find interesting, so hopefully, they will be of interest to you, my blog readers, as well.


Covid 19 has affected my attitude and willingness to share some personal opinions here at Leading a Healthy Life. I have a hard time discussing and commenting about Covid 19 and feel like I have to censor my views. Our whole world and our daily lives are affected by this pandemic, yet I have not felt all that free to voice my thoughts. I have many opinions based on my degree and knowledge as a Microbiologist and my previous work as a technician and teaching assistant for Infectious Diseases at the Medical College, but that is not my role anymore.

 I work as a front line health care worker at a personal care home. Recreation therapy is a high-risk job right now, and my various health conditions put me at even greater risk. The tension at work is high, and everyone just wants to do the best we can for our residents, their families and our fellow workers. It isn't easy to be in a position where you have knowledge and expertise but not the authority to act on it. It has taken all my energy to be positive at work, and I have had barely enough energy left over for my family. I have a lot to be grateful for, and I am trying to focus once again on the positive.


Other News

I have had yet another serious health crisis this month, and it seems like I will have a lot of time on my hands to blog or do a few other things. 

I dislocated my artificial hip on December 22nd, and now I am off work and recovering for about three months. I'll save all the details for a whole other blog post this coming week! I might title it The Worst Christmas Ever.


I do want to share my Best Holiday and New Years Wishes with everyone. Here is hope for a year with good health, friends and family and lots of joy and love. 


 Our world still has a long way to go, and there will continue to be changes in how we lead our lives. It is inevitable after the year we have just experienced. 

The Theme of this blog has always been about how to lead the best life possible and how to rise to those physical, social, emotional and economic challenges we face. I hope we can continue to support each other as we try to be Leading a Healthy Life.


See you in a few days!


Linda

 

1 comment:

Rebecca Dutton said...

I would love to see pictures of your cottage. I think posts about the broad spectrum of your life enhances peoples' understanding of a post-stroke life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...