Friday, October 18, 2013

Do you watch "Ted Talks"?


Do you ever watch TED talks? It is a wonderful way to hear some amazing experts and inspiring people talk about a subject for 20 minutes. TED is a non-profit organization that uses the tag line-- Ideas Worth Spreading.  It began about 20 years ago with a conference to bring together people involved in the disciplines of Technology, Entertainment and Design.

Janine Shepherd, a former cross country skier suffered serious injury when hit by a truck during an Olympic training ride. She decided if she might never walk again she might as well learn to fly!  Her message is that you are not your body, and giving up old dreams can allow new ones to soar.

I hope you enjoy this talk. I found her to be inspiring and entertaining.



1 comment:

Humpty Dumpty said...

Wow! Let me dry my tears so I can see the comment box. What an amazing story and a most inspiring speaker! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...