Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Bob Carved a Santa

Bob went to a workshop session at Lee Valley Tools to learn how to carve a Woodland Santa.
He went two days in a row and finished one little Santa and got a bigger one roughed out in that time. It is made out of something called Cottonwood that is readily available. I think this little guy is adorable.


I look forward to seeing what other things Bob might carve now that he has tried it out. He has ordered a few carving books over the internet and is pouring over them getting new ideas.
 Bob still needs to put a little picture hanger on the back of the woodland santa so we can hang him somewhere special this Christmas.



I do think he looks pretty happy as a tree ornament Santa!





4 comments:

Rebecca Dutton said...

Talented husband.

Barb Polan said...

Cute. But would be more impressive if you had carved it.

Linda said...

Rebecca - yes he is very talented. He has a lot of interesting hobbies like leatherworking, photography and wood burning to name but a few. I think I am really going to enjoy his wood carvings.

Linda said...

Barb... You are so right it would be more impressive if I had done it! lol Especially since I have NEVER had the patience for the hours of detail work involved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...