Friday, November 23, 2018

Our Fun Outing with Paint Nite

My daughter Alicia and I went to my first ever Paint Nite and we made winter nighttime scenes.

 Paint Night is a company that has artists lead painting classes in places like clubs or bars and it has quite a party atmosphere. Everyone makes the same painting in a step by step fashion, following the facilitator. We left booking it to the last minute so we only had a couple of choices of painting events but I am pretty happy with the one we choose to attended.

The paintings each come out looking a bit different so it is kind of fun to see them all looking unique. It was really nice to have a night out with my daughter. I think we need to work on having more fun events like this together.

I liked the instructor and we felt very relaxed. The class was a pretty big group with about 25 people but it really didn't feel crowed and it was easy to learn what we needed to while working on the paintings and enjoying our beverages from the bar. Our biggest problem was finding parking which was unexpectedly challenging for a Sunday night.

This may not the best painting I have ever done, but I did learn a few skills about painting and a few tricks about how to run a big art class.





1 comment:

Rebecca Dutton said...

It's better than anything I've ever drawn. Interesting venue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...