Friday, January 6, 2023

Happy New Year!

 Here's to a Fantastic New Year! 

Photo by Hello I'm Nik on Unsplash

I have had a low-key Holiday season this year and have not gone out very much at all. I have only done a little shopping in the past month! I think it is time to start getting things done around here and to also find time to have some fun! 


How do you feel about a fresh start in the New Year?

 

I have had a tough time in the past couple of years with broken hips, arthritis, financial concerns and, oh.. a world with covid. I have found myself feeling increasingly negative.


 Now I don't normally see myself as a negative person, maybe a bit of a pragmatist or perhaps a bit critical. I'm always looking for solutions and improvements, but I'm not pessimistic in my outlook. I am hopeful and believe tomorrow will be a better day. 

The fact is that it will only be a better day, better month, and better life if you actually do something and make changes.


Yesterday I watched a video about work productivity, and it firmly stated we must make a list of what needs doing and start with the hard stuff first, like getting the bills paid and correspondence taken care of. It also said to try and have meetings later in the day. My thought was- what if the hard part of your day IS the meeting?. What if not having the meeting at the beginning of the day leads to confusion because everyone is not fully aware of things they need to know? You doing your hard stuff in the morning might make everyone else have a hard afternoon.


See? I can overthink things! And I really don't even set up any meetings! Ha.


I do agree that making lists, and adding to them as needed, is a smart move. It helps you keep organized and prioritize your time in the ways you need and want.


Your lists need to be more complete than the productivity expert in the video suggested. Life is not a to-do list of correspondence, bills and meetings. It is not about getting the laundry done daily, having the shiniest windows, or cooking gourmet meals every day. 


Your lists should include making time for fun, lifelong learning, for spending time with friends and loved ones. Consider putting your spiritual life on your list. Do you take the time and care of your health? 


Are you planning your days to have a full and satisfying life? 


  • Do you focus enough on yourself?
  • How about focusing on others? 
  • Perhaps you want to be more involved in your groups and communities?
  • What do you do to keep your mind, body, and spirit healthy?
  • Do you build skills to support your personal interests or look toward your future projects?
  • Do you have peaceful, restful moments in your day?


I have been a Girl Guide Leader for a long time, and a traditional song at the end of many Guiding and Scouting events is called Day is Done. I truly embrace the sentiment of the song. 

 

Softly falls the light of day, 

As our campfire fades away.

Silently each Scout should ask 

Have I done my daily task?

 Have I kept my honour bright?

 Can I guiltless sleep tonight?

 Have I done and have I dared 

 Everything to be prepared?


 I wish you success with all your Hopes and Dreams for the coming year!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...