Monday, February 28, 2011

The King's Speech Won!

I didn't see a lot of this years nominees, but I sure am glad that this one won. I wonder what impact the Oscar win by this film will have on awareness of speech related disabilities.


The portrayal by Colin Firth was so incredibly moving and seemed so authentic. It may have been the story of a monarch at war time, but it really portrays the amazing perseverance and human resiliency through the struggles of a man with a disability.

The support of his wife and the guidance of his therapist and friend contributed to his success. The humor that is displayed is such a real part of coping day to day and it is good to see that shared on the big screen too.

I hope you get to see this movie sometime soon and I hope you find it to be the encouraging and uplifting story that I did.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...