Monday, May 21, 2018

One Week to Hip Surgery

I haven't written because I have been avoiding talking about how I am feeling while I am getting ready for my upcoming hip replacement surgery.
There has been a lot to do to get ready. I have gone to a lot of appointments, bought a lot of things to make life easier and I learned a lot in the process.  I do want to journal my experiences with this surgery on Leading A Healthy Life so I thought I better just sit down and start to type!

I had expected that my surgery would be in Fall 2018 but there was a cancellation and they gave me a May 25th date. I know I am lucky to be seen so soon but I am perpetually feeling like I am playing catch-up, both physically and emotionally and financially. I took short-term disability from work and have pulled out of my art group and Girl Guides for the now so there have been a lot of changes in my life. I am rapidly going between be ecstatic at the thought that soon I will soon be able to walk and drive and do all those wonderful things in life------- to feeling absolute panic as I imagine all the worse case scenarios.

I am in a lot of pain and walking is horrible, sleeping is difficult and my allergies knock out the use of most effective painkillers. I have been dealing with this for a long time now and have done medication, physio, water programs, hot and cold treatment, cortisone shots and so on and now I am out of options other than surgery.

If the hip goes well I will get on a waiting list to deal with my knees which are in horrible shape too.

I am going to work on being POSITIVE about the outcome!
Please keep cheering me on!
Photo from 

3 comments:

Rebecca Dutton said...

I wish you the very best outcome.

Denise said...

Omg, I'm sure you feel a roller coaster of emotions! I wish you the best of outcomes from your surgery, and hope it all goes brilliantly!

Barb Polan said...

Yes, it's a scary thing to consider having to recover from hip surgery with all the other recovery you're doing. All the best to you and your new hip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...