Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer Therapy Group: Session 5 - Strengths and Stressors




The paper hat in the picture was to reflect challenges we face and ways of dealing with the challenges. Many of the challenges we each came up with were also relevant to others in the group. I wish others were not also affected but at the same time it is good to know you are not alone in your struggles.

We also brought in objects that gave us positive feelings.

I brought in this willow tree figurine given to me by one of my daughters to encourage me and cheer me when I was starting to give up of hope. The figure is called Happiness.


The artist and creator of the Willow Tree ornaments, Susan Lordi writes:

Happiness

FREE to sing, laugh, dance... create!

I hope this piece is very open to viewer interpretation. For me, it is the pure joy that comes from creating — in all of its forms. A side note … I love bluebirds.


I want to enjoy and make music again, I want laugh and move easily, and I want to be creative once again.. and I am working on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...